Position Title: Assistant Nurse/Clerk- 1 position
Classification: Grade 3
Type of Contract: Special, 3 months with possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of the Head Nurse and overall supervision of International Migration Health Physician in Kathmandu, with the guidance from the Chief Migration Health Physician (CMHN) for technical matters and the Chief of Mission, Nepal for administrative matters, the successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist nurses in obtaining vital signs / visual check and medical history taking.
- Perform identification of the migrants coming for health assessments.
- Perform daily doctor’s cases assignment.
- Assist immunization nurse to perform vaccines preparing and administration. Perform vaccines data entry / second dose scheduling and inventory control.
- Assist nurses in pre-departure medical screening/pre-embarkation check /collect and cross check PDMS files.
- Assist nurses in medical emergency management.
- Assist psychiatrist in psychiatric evaluation procedure as may assigned
- Assist TB nurse and counselor with TB education of the TB patients and family members.
- Assist Follow up unit nurse for chronic cases management and related procedures.
- Compile, photocopy and file medical documents.
- Perform domestic escort if required.
- Assist Deputy Head Nurse with checking medical invoices.
- Participate in the surveillance, if required.
- Perform such other duties as may assigned by the supervisors
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Secondary education is required or equivalent certificate of assistant nurse/midwife.
- At least three years of experience in clinical practice.
- Compassionate attitude to the patients and good bedside manners.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity: ability to work with the colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied. SVN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 29 October 2015. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.