A Nurse (M/F)
For Nepal based in Sindhupalchowk
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 46 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
MDM has been working in Nepal since 1995 and is currently implementing a project in Sindhupalchowk District that aims at providing relief to populations affected by the earthquake.
- A registered nurse with at least 1.5 year of professional experiences in working at a mobile clinic, PHCC center or in hospitals:
- Willing to work in a Primary Health Care set-up through mobile clinics in earthquake-affected communities.
- Able to work as a team player and has flexibility in his/her work.
- Competency with word, excel
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
- Understands and speaks English language will be an asset
- Nurses with SBA training will be giving preference.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Starting: As Soon As Possible
- Contract: Employee With fixed term contract (2 months, renewable) / Full time
- Based in MDM areas of intervention in Sindhupalchowk
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- You are committed to MdM values as an organization and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
- Educational Background: B.Sc Nursing mandatory
- Experience: 1 year experience. Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- LANGUAGES: Nepali, English
Please send a CV and a covering letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is on: 27-06-2015
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED