WHO Nepal vacancy for Health Information Officer has been opened with the following details. The World Health Organization (WHO), Nepal invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fulfil the position of Health Information Officer.
The Purpose of the Position for WHO Nepal vacancy for Health Information Officer is as : This position is intended to assist the implementation of eHealth Strategic Action Plan and systems strengthening efforts on Routine Health Information Systems (RHIS) to deliver the reliable data reporting on UHC (Universal Health Coverage) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
WHO Nepal vacancy for Health Information Officer Details
TITLE : Health Information Officer
CONTRACT TYPE : Special Service Agreement (SSA)
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 5 October 2019
DURATION OF CONTRACT : 12 months with possibility of extension
UNIT/OFFICE : Health System Strengthening Unit (HSS)
DUTY STATION : Kathmandu
Salary : Lump sum package of NPR 196,102.00 per month (Taxable)
Summary of assigned duties
The main purpose of the position is to provide additional support in the area of Health Information System (HIS). Under the overall guidance of Public Health Administrator (Health System Strengthening Programme) and direct supervision of the Technical Officer (HSS), the service provider will work closely with the officials of the MoHP and technical focal points of WHO. Public Health Administrator (PHA) will make oversight to the work of the service provider. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Assist the RHIS to analyzes and generate quality data for measurement of health SDGs and UHC progress and reporting;
- Support MoHP in the implementation of the e-Health strategic action plan;
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen the HRH information system management;
- Assist MoHP with improving the analysis and use of data for evidence-based planning and decision-making in the federal context;
- Support birth and death data management in the health system and co-ordination for CRVS linkage;
- Undertake any other tasks/duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, discretion and diplomacy;
- Ability to effectively work with government, development partners and collaborating agencies;
- Better understanding of Health Systems Strengthening tools including M&E and reporting;
- Understanding on UHC & SDGs indicators and reporting structure/mechanism of each level.
Educational Qualifications and Experiences
- Essential: Master’s degree in Health Informatics or Statistics from a recognized university.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in health sector M&E or Health Information Systems (HIS) with preferred public health background.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, SPSS/STATA and GIS software.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test/interview may be used as a form of screening.
WHO Nepal vacancy for Health Information Officer in advertisement
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should apply to the WHO Representative to Nepal, Attn: Administrative Officer, Pulchowk, Kathmandu, NOT LATER THAN 5 October 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit an application along with the WHO Personal History Form (PHF). The PHF can be downloaded from website: http://www.searo.who.int/nepal/mediacentre/vacancy/en/